Send money easily and securely in 60+ currencies to over 200 countries
As the world’s most global bank, we strive to provide you with the best ability to make international payments quickly and securely.
View competitive exchange rates and transaction amounts before confirmation
Send money at the touch of a button
Send money transaction fee-free using Citi Online
No need to hold an account in any of the 60+ currencies to send money – select any of your existing accounts to send from and we will do the conversion for you
Please note that transfers in the following new currencies are transaction fee-free (FX rates will apply) on Citi Online.
In addition, transfers in these currencies can not be placed during following times, as rates are not available:
Every day: from 00:30am to 01:00am
Every weekend: from Saturday 0:00am to Sunday 23:59pm
Features of sending money using SWIFT
- Transfer up to £75,000 (or currency equivalent) a day online for Citigold and Citigold Private Client customers, and up to £50,000 for all other customers.
- Citigold Private Client and Citigold clients can send money transaction fee-free* up to 8 transactions per calendar month.
- Applicable fee of £15 for Citigold, Citigold Private Client and Citi Plus Current Account holders, and £20 for all other Accounts if sending money with Citi Online and Citi mobile App.
- Applicable fee of £25 for all Accounts if sending money with Client Service Team, Branch and CitiPhone.
*FX rates may apply.
What you need to do to send money abroad
Please have the following information ready before you send money abroad:
- The full name of the person or company you wish to pay
- The full name and branch address of the destination bank
- The BIC (Bank’s Identifier Code) or SWIFT code, plus the account number (or IBAN for European accounts) of the account to which you are transferring funds. You will need to ask the payee for this information
- The Intermediary bank name and BIC or SWIFT code (if applicable)
- The amount and currency you wish to transfer
- ABA number, sort code or BSB routing code (if applicable)
- Payment reference (if required)
- You may need to provide additional information depending on transfer destination
Ways to send money abroad
You can send money abroad in 3 ways:
- Online – simply sign on to Citi Online to request your SWIFT payments at any time, from your desktop, tablet or smartphone
- By phone – through your Relationship Manager or CitiPhone
- Or in the Citigold Lounge if you are Citigold or Citigold Private Client
Please note there is a 3pm cut off time for same day processing.
Requests received after this time will be processed the following Banking Day. As a general rule, international funds transfers may take 1 to 5 Banking Days to be credited to the beneficiary bank. Citi cannot guarantee the exact time taken as this depends on the local and intermediary bank systems.
Citi exchange rates apply to transfers across currencies
Citi clients click here to know more about how to transfer money online using Citi Online.