Sending money using SWIFT Money Transfer
Sending money using SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) allows you to send money outside the UK in a range of currencies from your Citi UK bank account worldwide.
International transfers in up to 62 currencies, made easy
As the world’s most global bank, we strive to provide you with the best ability to make international payments quickly and securely.
View competitive exchange rates and transaction amounts before confirmation
Transfers at your fingertips
Make secure transfers on the go using Citi Mobile® UK App or Citi Online
Features of sending money using SWIFT
- Send money up to £25,000 for Blue and up to £50,00 for Citigold and Citigold Private Clients via Citi Online or Citi Mobile® UK App.
- Citigold Private Clients and Citigold clients can make up to 8 transaction fee free Sending money using SWIFT per month.
- Applicable fee of £15 for Citi Plus Current Account holders and £20 for all other Accounts if money sent with Citi Online or Citi Mobile® UK app.
- Applicable fee of £25 for Citi Plus Current Account holders and all other Accounts if money sent in branch or with CitiPhone.
What you need to make when sending money using SWIFT Payments System
Please have the following information ready before you request Sending money using SWIFT:
- The full name of the person or company you wish to pay
- The full name and branch address of the destination bank
- The BIC (Bank’s Identifier Code) or SWIFT code, plus the account number (or IBAN for European accounts) of the account to which you are transferring funds. You will need to ask the payee for this information
- The Intermediary bank name and BIC or SWIFT code (if applicable)
- The amount and currency you wish to transfer
- ABA number, sort code or BSB routing code (if applicable)
- Payment reference (if required)
- You may need to provide additional information depending on transfer destination
How to request a Citi Sending money using SWIFT
You can make a Sending money using SWIFT in 3 ways:
- Online – simply sign on to Citi Online to request your SWIFT payments at any time, from your desktop, tablet or smartphone
- On the Citi Mobile® UK App
- By phone – by calling Citi Phone
- Or in the Citigold Lounge if you are Citigold or Citigold Private Client
Please note there is a 3pm cut off time for same day processing.
Requests received after this time will be processed the following Banking Day. As a general rule, international funds transfers may take 1 to 5 Banking Days to be credited to the beneficiary bank. Citi cannot guarantee the exact time taken as this depends on the local and intermediary bank systems.
Citi exchange rates apply to transfers across currencies
Citi clients click here to know more about how to transfer money online using Citi Online.