Citi is committed to communicating openly and honestly with all our clients. This includes making it easier for you to share the parts of your Citi experience that did not meet your expectations. We aim to achieve high standards in the service we provide and we want you to be completely satisfied with your relationship with us.
If you would like to make a complaint about a Citi product and/or service please follow the steps below to help us resolve your complaint. This feedback is valuable to us to improve the services we offer you.
How to contact us
You have two easy ways to communicate your complaints and suggestions to us:
Talk to us
In the first instance if you have a Relationship Manager please contact them to assist you with the concerns you have. Alternatively, and if you do not have a Relationship Manager, you can contact our Complaints Department on +44 207 986 5588, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm UK time. If you are calling outside of this time, please contact Citiphone on 0800 00 55 00 (+44 207 500 5500 if calling from outside of the UK).
Write to us
If you prefer to put your complaint in writing, you can send a letter to the address below:
Level 10, Citigroup Centre 1
33 Canada Square
London E14 5LB
What happens next?
- We will acknowledge your complaint promptly, but no later than five business days from the date we have received your complaint.
- We will aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible and in line with the following regulatory time limits:
- For a payment related complaint, we will aim to issue you with a final response within 15 calendar days. In exceptional circumstances, where we cannot issue you with a final response within 15 calendar days, we may extend this period to 35 calendar days and we will contact you to explain where this may be the case.
- For a non-payment related complaint, we will aim to issue you with a final response within 56 calendar days.
- Where your complaint is part payment related and part non-payment related, whilst we will look to deal with all aspects of your complaint together, we will issue you a final response in accordance with the time-frames outlined above.
- The final response letter will tell you whether or not we have upheld your complaint, the details of any redress we propose to offer you and the reasoning behind our decision.
- If you are unhappy with our final response, or if we have been unable to provide you with one within the regulatory time limits stated above, you may seek the assistance of the relevant Ombudsman service:
- For UK resident clients the relevant Ombudsman is the UK Financial Ombudsman Service.
- If your complaint was raised prior to 16 September 2019 and you were a non UK resident at that time, you may apply to the Irish Financial Services Ombudsman (FSPO) within six years of the date of the event you are complaining about.
- Referrals to the Ombudsman must be done within six months (six years for the Irish Financial Services Ombudsman) of us sending you our final response regarding your complaint.
Contact details for the UK Ombudsman are:
Contact details for the Irish Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO) are:
Egg, CitiFinancial, Future Mortgages or Citi Card Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Complaint Information
The PPI complaints deadline of 29 August 2019 has now passed. For more information please see our PPI Complaints Page.
Canada Square Operations has been appointed to deal with all customer correspondence on behalf Egg Banking plc, Future Mortgages Ltd and CitiFinancial Europe Ltd.