- FX Order Watch booking process
- Managing your FX Order Watch at Citi
What is FX Order Watch?
Our FX Order Watch service keeps a constant check on the currency markets, so you don’t have to. You can now place currency trades in advance, knowing that they will only be completed if rates hit your chosen level, within your preferred timeframe.
This service enables you to benefit from our expertise and to potentially take advantage of currency opportunities as and when they happen.
- Set your own exchange rate so you make the trade you want, at the level you desire
- Choose your own term, so when you place a trade you know it will only happen within an agreed timeframe
- Change or cancel your order at any time, for instance, when the FX market moves suddenly in an unfavourable direction
- Diversify your assets across currencies
- Place your FX Order Watch quickly and easily using Citi Online or speak to your Relationship Manager
Please note: The conversion will take place at the rate inclusive of our commission which will be disclosed to you either through your Relationship Manager or Citi Online before the transaction takes place.
Why would you consider FX Order Watch?
FX Order Watch has been designed with busy people in mind. People who want to make the most out of their money, but don’t have the time to study the financial markets on a daily basis.
Risks and benefits
This service enables you to benefit from our foreign exchange expertise and to potentially take advantage of currency opportunities as and when they happen. You will also benefit from:
- Exposure to the foreign exchange market
- Instant, live pricing reflecting any changes in the market
- A wide variety of currency pairs
Because currency markets fluctuate, there is always a risk with any FX product that you could lose some of your capital if you make a trade and then immediately decide to switch back to your original currency. For this reason, our FX solutions, including FX Order Watch, are best suited to experienced investors and clients who already operate in more than one currency, or those who are prepared to accept the risk that currencies can fluctuate.
Please read the full terms and conditions of our FX Order Watch service.
How to book FX Order Watch trade:
- Login into Citi Online FX Order Watch booking page and choose the currencies you want to exchange(see list below) at the rate you want to trade.
- Set the term duration and type of order you want to make and confirm*
- Citi will monitor the currency markets 24 hours a day, and if the Citi Reference Market Rate hits your target rate, we will trade on your behalf
- Citi will Execute the order automatically and Debit/Credit the accounts you have chosen
- You can modify or cancel your order at any time through Citi Online
*Duration of the order can be from 1 day to a maximum of 90 days
*You can book Simple Order and One-cancel-other (OCO) Order combination types
- United States Dollars (USD)
- British Pounds (GBP)
- Euros (EUR)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Swiss Francs (CHF)
- Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- Australian Dollars (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
- Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)
- Singapore Dollars (SGD)
A dedicated Relationship Manager:
- Can discuss your foreign exchange needs.
- Can place the FX order for you
- Our Relationship Manager/ FX Counsellor will take a holistic approach to your wealth planning and can advise on portfolio balancing strategies
With Citi Online you can:
You can now Book, Modify and Cancel FX Order Watch Order by yourself through Citi Online
Already with Citi? Sign on
The minimum trading/investing value is:
- $5,000 (or equivalent) when trading via Citi Online
- $50,000 (or equivalent) when trading by Relationship Manager/ FX Counsellor
Why Wealth Manage at Citi?
As part of a model portfolio Receive guidance to meet your financial goalsFind out more
Speak to a dedicated Relationship Manager Seek advice and buy individual fundsFind out more
Easy access to your wealth Invest at your convenience through our online platformFind out more
From an international selection Choose funds from 34 global marketsFind out more
As offshore investments Diversify your wealth on a global scaleFind out more
Take the first steps to your wealth management planning with Citi
Already with Citi? Contact your relationship manager or view product availability on Citi Online
Why choose Citi?
A relationship - not just a bank account
A dedicated Relationship Manager giving you access to our internal team of product experts and all our benefits
Access to exclusive Citi products
We offer a diverse range of banking and investment services, including for those who want access to offshore investments
Just moved to the UK?
We can save you time money and hassle. If you are a foreign national in the UK, Citi's International Banking Service can help you manage your money, home and away.
Investment products are not insured by any governmental agencies, are not bank deposits, and are neither obligations of, nor guaranteed by, Citigroup, or any of its affiliates, unless otherwise stated.
Investment Products are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of some or all of the principal amount invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results, investments can go down as well as up.