Brought to you in partnership with Old Mutual International, investing in an Offshore Bond with Citi provides a tax wrapper that allows you to invest flexibly and tax-efficiently* in the extensive global range of mutual funds that Citi offers through trusted fund house partners. Your Relationship Manager will use their knowledge of your wider portfolio to advise you on the most appropriate Offshore Bond.
Designed as medium to long term investment solution, an Offshore Bond can offer a combination of potential growth and income, as well as the freedom to switch funds within the wrapper without tax liability.
If an Offshore Bond is appropriate for you, further benefits of offshore bonds may also apply. However, these will depend on your wealth strategy and current tax status.
*Please note: Citi does not provide tax advice. We strongly recommend that you seek independent tax advice to determine whether this product fits your requirements.
Why consider an Offshore Bond?
An Offshore Bond may be suitable if:
- You are a UK resident.
- You have a minimum of £100,000 to invest in an Offshore Bond.
- You have existing investments of £350k - £500k and are already taking advantage of your ISA allowance, Income Tax allowance, Capital Gains allowance and Pension allowance.
For more information on Offshore Bond click here.
- Investment products are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of some, or all, of the principal amount invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investments can go down as well as up. This means you might get back less than you invested.
- Cancellation of your policy could result in loss of capital.
- Insurance products are obligations only of the Insurance Company. They are not bank deposits or obligations of or guaranteed by Citigroup or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries or any Governmental agency. All Claims under the policy will be solely decided upon by the Insurance Company.
- The tax liability on encashment of your Offshore Bond may vary depending on your circumstances at that time and will be subject to the prevailing tax regime. Speak to your tax specialist for further information.
- Tax regulations are subject to change, which could affect the potential benefits offered by your Offshore Bond.
Benefits of Offshore Bonds
- Invest tax-efficiently from a wide range of mutual funds.
- With their understanding of your needs and wider wealth strategy, your Relationship Manager will help select the most appropriate funds for inclusion in the bond.
- Enjoy growth potential over the medium to long term
- Change the combination of funds within the offshore bond as your requirements change.
- Any growth of your capital with the Offshore Bond may be subject to tax benefits*
- Enjoy the flexibility to make withdrawals that suit your personal tax circumstances. Citi does not offer tax advice, and we strongly recommend that you seek independent tax advice.
- Retain access to your wealth with the option to withdraw up to 5% per annum with no immediate tax liability.
- You have seen the potential benefits. Please make sure you view the potential risks as well.
*Speak to your tax specialist for further information.
Take the first steps to your wealth management planning with Citi
Already with Citi? Contact your relationship manager or view product availability on Citi Online
Investment products are not insured by any governmental agencies, are not bank deposits, and are neither obligations of, nor guaranteed by, Citigroup, or any of its affiliates, unless otherwise stated.
Investment products are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of some or all of the principal amount invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results, investments can go down as well as up.